If you’re a landlord you’ll be aware that you’re responsible for your tenant’s safety in your property, including maintenance of the gas appliances.
The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with your duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe, it states:
If you let a property equipped with gas appliances you have three main responsibilities:
- Maintenance: pipework, appliances and flues must be maintained in a safe condition. Gas appliances should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions. If these are not available it is recommended that they are serviced annually unless advised otherwise by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
- Gas safety checks: a 12 monthly gas safety check must be carried out on every gas appliance/flue. A gas safety check will make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use.
- Record: a record of the annual gas safety check must be provided to your tenant within 28 days of the check being completed or to new tenants before they move in. Landlords must keep copies of the gas safety record for two years.
The Heating Expert offers a full range of services for Landlords – from emergency call out to routine check and issue of certificates.
- Central heating boiler installations
- Boiler repairs
- Emergency boiler repairs
- Routine boiler servicing
- Issue Gas Safety Certificates
Call us on 01283 741 253 for routine maintenance or 07875 945 639 for on-call.